Next Friday, January 17, 2014, Dr. Sheila Vacendak is attending the Staffileno Head and Neck Cancer Symposium: The Essential Role of the Dental Professional in Chicago, IL.
This symposium will feature educational sessions on all aspects of head and neck cancer relevant to dental specialists and the general dental community.
Objectives include discussion of:
• Technologies for the screening of premalignant lesions
• Surgical principles of oral reconstruction and advances in laser surgery
• Aggressive pre-radiation dental care in head and neck cancer patients
• Advances in radiation oncology that help decrease salivary gland toxicity
• Multidisciplinary strategies to improve survivorship
• Prosthesis fabrication and subsequent oral health maintenance.
The Vacendak Difference
Dental health is a key to whole-body health, and the dentist is an integral member of the head and neck cancer team, participating in diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. At Vacendak Dentistry, we look at more than just your teeth and gums; we look at your overall health.
Vacendak Dentistry offers cutting edge dental technology like the Panorex digital X-Ray machine that provides X-rays with five times less radiation and comprehensive oral cancer screenings with the revolutionary VELscope.
We specialize in preventative dentistry and believe bi-annual examinations are the best defense against periodontal disease and other oral health problems.
Experience the Vacendak Difference today. Contact us online or call the office at 757-609-3510 to set up an initial dental consultation.