The new year is here, and if you have resolutions to transform your health this year, it’s time to include your teeth and gums. Did you know that your oral health also contributes to your overall health, and is often reflective of it? Having a healthy mouth can also affect the way you present yourself – showing a big smile when meeting new people or giving a presentation can boost your confidence! Ready to transform your oral health in 2019? Here are 5 ways to get started:
- Visit your dentist. Just like you should consult your doctor before trying a new fitness plan or diet, visiting your dentist is the first step to transforming your oral health. This is your chance to start the year fresh and build from a clean slate, and also your chance to ask any questions about your routine or products!
- Get the right tools. Are you still using a fraying, old toothbrush? Only flossing when you visit a friend’s house? It’s time to stock up on the right tools to make sure you’re set up for success.
- Invest in yourself. If there is cosmetic dentistry you’ve been meaning to get, but keep putting off, 2019 is the year to finally invest in yourself. Getting the smile you deserve can not only transform your oral health, but possibly your entire year!
- Set reminders. It takes around 60 days to form a new habit like flossing or brushing your teeth after lunch. Until then, setting reminders on your phone or computer can help!
- Eat the right foods. If you already have a resolution to eat more healthy foods, this one should come easy! Some foods can help with your oral health journey, and others can hurt it. Avoid too much sugar, and fill your diet with foods high in calcium, like leafy greens and yogurt.
Drs Sheila and Daniel Vacendak and the team at Vacendak Dentistry are here to make your dental health care a positive experience! We are conveniently located in the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake and serve patients all across Hampton Roads. Call us today at (757) 609-3510 to schedule an appointment.