It may be our passion and profession, but we understand that for most people, going to the dentist can feel like a giant chore. It’s important to not let those feelings get in the way of consistent dental care.
At Vacendak, we wholeheartedly believe in the value of preventative dentistry. Thorough checkups can mean the difference between catching a problem early and dealing with a painful, serious oral health issue in the future. If you can’t remember the last time you went to the dentist, now is the time to make an appointment at Vacendak Dentistry. Otherwise, you and your family should pay us a visit every six months OR if any of the following situations apply:
- Tooth pain. Sometimes a simple toothache isn’t that simple. Even if the pain goes away after a few hours or days, the cause of the pain may still be a problem.
- Changes in gums. If you experience redness, inflammation, tenderness or other gum abnormality, you should let your dentist examine your mouth for signs of infection and gum disease.
- Persistent bad breath. Are regular brushing, flossing, mouthwash, mints and gum not touching bad breath? This could be indicative of a more serious oral issue.
- You’re a smoker. Smoking can do a number on your teeth and gums. Professionals recommend that smokers visit a dentist every four months to rule out gum disease and the onset of oral cancer.
- You have diabetes. Since diabetes affects your immune system, your mouth may be more prone to infection. Your dentist can monitor your oral health, as gum disease can sometimes be painless and invisible.
- Your immune system is compromised. If illness or age have made it harder for your body to fight infection, it’s especially important that you visit a dentist regularly.
Chances are, you or a family member could use a dental checkup in the near future. At Vacendak Dentistry, we make taking charge of your dental health as stress-free as possible. Call us today at 757-609-3510 or online to make an appointment.